Read Write Inc. Programmes
The Read Write Inc. programmes combine into a complete literacy programme rooted in the new national curriculum for children aged ﬁve to eleven. They are designed to stimulate and challenge children’s thinking and create enthusiastic, life-long readers and writers.
The Read Write Inc. Programmes
Five key principles underpin the teaching in all Read Write Inc. Programmes:
- Participation - our teaching strategies ensure that all children participate fully in the whole lesson – there is no chance for children to lose concentration and miss key elements of the teaching
- Praise – children work together, as partners, taking turns to teach and praise one another and they are motivated by the focused praise they receive from teachers and teaching assistants
- Pace - a lively pace keeps all the children fully engaged
- Purpose - teachers know the purpose of every activity and how it leads into the next
- Passion - it is easy for teachers to be passionate about their teaching because they see their children make such rapid progress.
Read Write Inc. programmes provide